Yesterday and today at work I had this bad feeling that perhaps I had not correctly set the intake and exhaust clearances on the Guzzi...i thought maybe I had swapped the exhaust settings for the intake settings and vice-versa.
So I called upon the steady hand and keen eye of my friend Jim to provide guidance and mechanical expertise. We removed both valve covers again and rechecked the settings for the exhaust and intake valve clearances on both cylinders. Lo and behold they were okay! We did tweak one intake valve clearance a bit but it was not really necessary.
We also pulled the rear wheel off and I will take that into the motorcycle shop tomorrow for new rubber. That was a real snap to remove! The tire still has life left in it but this will probably be a 3500 mile round trip, so better safe than sorry. Here are a few pics...getting closer to being ready for the trip.....
*****UPDATE*****
I got my new tire mounted and balanced and I installed it. Ahhh, it is a nice riding tire! Less road noise and smoother overall ride than with the old tire. So I think the bike is ready to go now...the question is...am I? This will be the most miles I have attempted to cover in a single day and nearly double the amount I have ever covered in a single day on the Breva. Could be interesting :=O
No comments:
Post a Comment