I bought a new little mp3 player recently as my other one broke. So I started loading it up with songs....melodies to keep me motivated as I walk my 2 or 3 hours every night. I guess I sing to my self a little too loudly when I am walking....a few of the neighbors have commented they know when I am comin' round the corner :=)
Anyway I have been sifting through my old cd's for some songs. A couple of my favorites are a couple guys that made hay in the 60's, Del Shannon and Dion DiMucci. They had loads of hit records back then...Dion had hits like The Wanderer, Runaround
Sue, A Teenager in Love, Ruby Baby and the great song "Abraham, Martin and John".
Del Shannon had a number of hits as well with Runaway, Hats off to Larry, Keep Searchin' and Little Town Flirt among others.
In 1989 Dion released a rock n roll comeback cd after having recording some gospel albums. What a voice and what an attitude. Straight from the Bronx! The cd is called "Yo Frankie" Take a listen! In 2005 Dion released an album of blues tunes....just his voice, his guitar and a little percussion. Fantastic stuff! Check out "Bronx in Blue".....
In 1990, Del Shannon was in the studio recording a comeback album with Tom Petty and his band along with Jeff Lynne from ELO. What a great album! "Rock On" was released in 1991 but unfortunately Del did not enjoy the fruits of his labor. Suffering from depression, he took his own life in 1990 not long before the albums release. Take a listen to some great songs, most if not all written by Del. Let's just say I think he had a lot of personal and relationship problems......rest in peace Del and thanks for some great music!
3 comments:
Maybe you should sing "I'll be coming around the mountain"
I'll be coming 'round the corner when I come, I'll be comin' round the corner when I come...I'll be comin' round the corner...waterrrrrmelonnnnnn...i'll be comin' round the corner when i come!
:-) You're Funny! :-)
Post a Comment