Saturday, December 19, 2009

Another keen unpacking memory

Unpacking some more stuff this a.m. I happened across this neat caricature drawing of my friends Dave, Bob, Paul and I at the old Chicago Bar near Mutual of Omaha. This was back when we drank Stroh's and only Strohs. If they didn't have Strohs we either drank a Coke or left and found a place that had it! We even called the Stroh's distributor and got a list of places that carried it and patronized those places.

I am guessing this was probably the mid 1980's. Back then I often wore a flattop style haircut and had a bushy mustache(like in the pic below taken in Arizona while visiting Dave and family years ago). Haha, what a look!

I still talk to and visit Dave on occasion, but have lost touch with Paul and Bob, though I have tried to locate them. I gotta keep trying.

4 comments:

Teener said...

look its Magnum! :-p *lol

Kid Guzzi said...

Teener Teener Teener, you couldn't be any meaner :)

CPJ said...

You look like D-Day on Animal House.

Kid Guzzi said...

I guess I kinda do....I will take that as a compliment! He was wicked cool!