I tasted the sauce and it tastes good. Started with some finely diced onions and garlic cloves sauteed in some olive oil. After a while added about 1/2 of a finely chopped carrot to the mix. Then some chopped basil and marjoram. Let that all meld together.
Then a couple cans of whole tomatoes and their juices, which I crushed by hand. Bring it to a boil, then back it off to a simmer for about an hour. I added a little sugar to balance out the acidity from the tomatoes. Tastes good.
Tomorrow I make homemade pasta and then the two will become one!
4 comments:
You will make a good wife some day!
Got a chuckle out of that one Kev :-)
Wow! I am really impressed. Never heard of putting shredded carrot in the sauce but it surely is worth a try. Your pasta looks awesome! As I said I have an assortment of pasta machines here and a wooden dryer which I will get to you. I will send you Dad's recipe for Fettucine Alfredo- which is great and you will make that with ease. Grandpa Galardi's cooking expertise is coming out in all you kids- WHOOPEE!!!
Mmmmm, fettucine alfredo :)
Post a Comment