So I went about replacing the dreaded Toyota washer pump/container which was under the hood (and never seemingly hooked up) with my fine new Italian pump/container. Eventually I got it all hooked up and the cowl vent and trim pieces all put together and back on the car.
I then turned my attention to buttoning up the carpet trim pieces I had removed the other day to allow the fan to work more efficiently on drying the wet carpet.
With that all completed I gave the new washer setup a test and I must say it is a powerful pump! It shot the washer fluid about 20 feet! I guess I need to adjust the nozzles a bit, but hey, it is working! Another issue resolved. Yippee!!
I found that water is leaking not only from around the windows (I put some new weatherstripping in, so this has been abated somewhat) but also from one of the drain tubes under the vent cowl, which is why I had a good bit of water in the driver side footwell after washing the car.
I really enjoy working on this car. Things are very accessible. The way things are put together makes sense and disassembly/reassembly is not a big deal. This takes me back to my childhood of working on cars in the driveway with my dad. A lotta fun, relaxing and a sense of accomplishment working with one's hands.
Here are some pics and a video. You can see the new washer container/pump assembly installed, the two new washer nozzles, the old toyota container/pump facing THE END and the video of the wipers/washer working!!!
4 comments:
It does appear that your nozzles are a bit high. In general, you want the water to hit the windshield, not fly over it :)
Yeah, very observant you are, CPJ :-0
Nice work on the washer. Keep your roof up until you adjust..
Dr Greg
I think he uses the windshield wiper fluid as a way to cool off on those hot summer days. You see... I was lucky enough to take a ride to the “lighthouse” and when I stated it was rather “hot and humid out” I got a nice streaming spray of blue wiper fluid… 8=)
Post a Comment