Tropical storm Fay is heading towards Florida and expected to reach the central Florida area where I live sometime early Tuesday. At some point between now and then it is expected to become a category 1 hurricane, which means winds in the 74-95 mph range. By the time it reaches me however it should be back to tropical storm status, which means winds in the 38-73 mph range.
*****UPDATE*****
This storm has been lingering over Florida barely moving for many hours now. Some areas have reported large amounts of rain today, near 10 inches with 15 inches forecast in some areas before the storm finally leaves.
Up here in Deland we have had just a few short periods of rain as Faye has not yet reached us. I don't know if it will or what track it will take but it appears overnight we will get our fair share of rain and wind.
The last image below is as of ~7:00 p.m. tonight (Tuesday). Compare it to the pic in the middle from this morning and see how little it has moved!
Here she comes!!
3 comments:
So, do you hang around or what do you do to prepare, other than put the Alpha and Guzzi in the garage...
Peace
G
For this type of storm it will likely be nothing more than a fairly strong mid-western thunderstorm . I won't do anything special.
I just saw the news and saw water pouring in a Stop and Rob store. Have you ever considered purchasing an inflatable boat just in case?
Peace
Greg
Post a Comment