First a bit of background. I have been a little worried since I got the Spider about the oil pressure(measured in PSI...pounds per square inch). The gauge always read a little lower than it should. I thought maybe it was just a bad oil pressure gauge sending unit (sensor), so I tried a spare sensor the previous owner had given me. That one registered even WORSE oil pressure, significantly worse!
So I decided to buy a brand spanking new sending unit and once and for all put to rest any doubts as to the correct oil pressure reading. That little beauty arrived today and I was like a weeee lad on Christmas morn, scrambling to open the package to reveal its shiny goodness.
I was certainly not disappointed, as the new sending unit shone like the brightest star in the sky! I scurried to the garage and installed it in a mere few minutes.
Finally, the true test...what would the oil pressure reading be? The proof was in the gauge, and that little beauty shot to its midpoint on the dial quickly as the Alfa engine roared to life! The oil pressure is fine fine fine! Woohoo! Right on the money, where it should be!
Without further adieu, here are some pics!



8 comments:
You would be the only wee lad I know of that would be excited to get a new Alfa oil pressure gauge on Christmas morning instead of getting toys! :>)
Stal
The only thing better would be getting a new Steve's gascolator!
I suppose there isn't any way we could see the gascolator and sending-unit together. It would make a breathtaking picture.
Anything is possible Super Cub Pilot Bob!!
Awsome, but wait till you see my Dakota Cub master-cylinders.
Welllllll, I am beginning to wonder if you still have it! I need some new pics please!! :=)
Okay, we're moving from fetish to obsession here. Time to call Dr. Ruth...
Peace
DRG
Stal- Believe it! He was the only kid on Christmas morning who looked to see what toy he could dismantle - it's in his blood.. a special gift for being born n Christmas Day!
Post a Comment