So off we went around 8:30 a.m. this morning on the journey. This was Grad's longest trip yet with me, 180 miles round trip. The trip was great, top down the whole time, a nice bit of cloud cover to keep it relatively comfortable and Grand Funk tunes aplenty blasting from the Blaupunkt stereo!
No problems whatsoever on the trip...Grad performed like a Champion! This is the first time I have measured the average miles per gallon and the "little Alfa that could" returned a nice 29 mpg on the trip. Not bad at all!
Here are a few pics and videos of today's drive.....

8 comments:
SL: Great Pic's and a nice touch on the video... "We're an American Band" :=) Love it...
Chris;
Are all the road that nice in Florida?
How is the ride in the alpha compared to your Subaru?
Peace
DrG
There are quite a few nice roads here. That's hwy 42, which has some nice sweeping curves and runs along the Ocala National Forest.
The Subaru is more comfortable than the Alfa. It's just got newer everything than the Alfa. In time the Alfa will become better than it is now, as I slowly address the aging suspension, etc.
But the Alfa is comfortable enough and a lot more FUN to drive.
SL... thank you for mentioning the vids...was too tired to notice them and would have missed them otherwise. Chris...I think we need a vid of the motor running....just to hear how it sounds.
Stal
Don't you own any other t=shirts?
SL: Hey... I like that T-Shirt! ;=)
I am almost tempted to catch a red eye to your little abode so I can experience first hand the joy of riding in this little red Italian beauty. I might even hop on the back of the Guzzi for a quick spin around the block. ( This old gray mare ain't what she used to be - but I still got a little chutzpa left in me to want to experience all this Italian "magic" before I deep six it!!)
Come on down Mom! We'll go tooling around the beaches in the Alfa!
Post a Comment