Compare these new pics to the ones in this previous post before the faux mahogany.
http://cwpg.blogspot.com/2008/08/more-garage-time-with-spider.html
I think it looks ok, at least better than it looked previously. Agree or disagree?



I also installed the new dash cap over the Spider's poor old cracked and worn dash. This dash cap is vacuum formed over original Spider dashboards for a great fit. I trimmed it a wee bit for a better fit, cleaned everything up as well as I could and then took the plunge, applying the adhesive to the back of the dash cap and working it into place.
I then placed a lot of books on top of it to hold it down while the adhesive sets up.
Here are a couple BEFORE pics of the dash as well as one of the new dashcap covered in books. Pics of the finished product to follow as soon as it is ready.
Finally some pics of the finished dashcap. It fit rather well...not perfect, but a very nice improvement :)
6 comments:
I look forward to the unveiling of the new Dashcap. It is nice to see the restoration of a fine Italian motor vehicle appear before my eyes by such a skilled enthusiast.
Great Job! Looks like you got a match compared to the gear shift handle...
Hummm Classic Motorcycles, Something Else, On the Prowl (maybee) and Beer... :-) I like the beer book..
I think I need to bring my car into your shop and let you fix'er up.... I think it needs a front-end alignment... When I drive over 65 it shakes and rattles... haha Can you handle that? While you work on my car I'll read the beer book :=)
What are the suction cups holding to the inside of the windshield? They kind of suck.
The suction cups are for my Sunpass (EPass) electronic toll device for toll roads down here. I usually only take the toll road when going to the Orlando airport.
Looks real good Chris.
Peace
Greg
Super Job on the dash! However,isn't it about time you returned those books to the library Chris? Way past due!!!
Post a Comment