Thursday, August 21, 2008

*****SUPER CUB*****

Th loooooooong awaited pictures of Super Cub Pilot Bob's Piper Super Cub have arrived!!!

Take a gander or two at this gleaming beauty! Thanks SCPB!!

View all of the Super Cub pictures by clicking HERE!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SL: And the words "Super Cub" is nicely placed! Love it... So will this be a His and Hers? Will you ever get to go for a ride? :=)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I yearn to fly the Super Cub in the heartland of America!

I noticed an instance of Steve's gascolator was very conspicuous as well.

Kid Guzzi said...

I am not sure if I will ever get to go for a flight in the Super Cub but I sure do hope so! What a beautiful bird!

Anonymous said...

What are you saying Kid Guzzi. That you're never coming back to Omaha. You and cpj jump in that Mighty Champ (or maybe the Alfa) and get up here. Or maybe I should come down there. (after hurricane season)

Rob J. and the Family said...

That's a very nice bird. What's the story on this one Chris? It looks brand new - but of course piper discontinued production of this bird many many years ago. Is this a re-build or just a very well maintained original? There is a company called Cub Crafters who started business as Super Cub Rebuilders, but eventually got a type certification to build their own version of this great plane. http://www.cubcrafters.com/ Is this a Cub Crafters plane?

Anonymous said...

If you don't mind Chris, I'll give Rob a quick answer. This is a low time (780 hr) '64 Cub. I'm the 2nd owner.(23 years) The rebuild was completed by Roger Meggers and son Darin, owners of Baker Air Service in Baker MT. www.bakerairservice.com They were recommended by Clyde Smith Jr., 'The Cub Doctor'. He said "you won't be dissapointed" He was right. This is the 44th Cub they've done and they're finishing #45 right now.